Thursday, April 9, 2015

Facebook Friends


I have 557 Facebook friends.  That's not for a page or a cause.  That's on my personal Facebook page.  I am happy to say that I know a lot of those people.  Then there are the people I "know" through blogging or the Lost discussion groups I used to participate in.  My newsfeed provides me with a lot of entertainment, although it is usually filled with the same few dozen people's posts (thanks to Facebook's algorithms).

But regardless of this somewhat alarmingly high number of Facebook friends, it strikes me as really sad that I don't have one person I can call up to go to a movie with or grab a bite to eat.  Most of my "friends" on Facebook are people I went to school with a long time ago and lost touch with and then magically got connected with through the "people you might know" feature.  These are not people that I have stayed friends with.  It would be awkward as hell to randomly call one of them up "just to talk". 

Maybe that is the depression talking.  "Who would want to hang out with you?" it says.  "You're no fun." 

I guess I am just feeling a little lonely lately.  The couple of friends that I have are busy with their families and their lives and it is hard for them to get a few hours away to meet up.  I am ALWAYS the one that initiates contact and that kind of bothers me.  It would be nice to have someone call me up and invite me out once in a while. 

I am tempted to post on Facebook that I have 557 Facebook friends and does anyone want to get together this weekend?  Would that be weird/pathetic?

2 comments:

  1. I started blogging because I thought I was depressed, I wanted to know more and keep a diary. I've found outs lots from reading other blogs and rereading my own (was that me? did I feel that way?) I'm not clinically depressed I just became really good at making bad decisions and knocking lumps off of my self esteem.
    Keep doing what you're doing. Look back and you'll see you did a lot of the good and right things. While you're doing that, time will help, don't ask me how but it does )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I'm always think deeply at any time
    For example if i'm talking with someone, i always think and think about how to reply or to give comment
    And finally it make me feel irritated, anyone know what I through?

    ReplyDelete