Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I can't look...

I haven't been able to post anything in a while.  It's not because I am feeling awful or that I am lying in bed all day unable to move.  Quite the contrary.  I am doing well.  I am functioning.  But the truth is that I am terrified. 

The anxiety is starting to creep in again.  And I am starting to worry.  I am worried that I am not going to be okay.  I am worried that I am not actually getting better.  I find myself wanting to sleep.  I want to be left alone.  I don't feel like going to work.  And I feel like if I give in to these things, if I allow myself to feel bad then the bad feelings will come flooding through and engulf me and I will again drown in the undercurrent.

I have contemplated sitting down for 20 minutes and just posting SOMETHING in my motherhood blog.  But nothing seems worthy of note.  Lila is behaving and I am not getting angry at her so much.  I haven't posted in weeks and I want to pretend like I just have nothing to say but the truth is that I am just afraid.  If I stop for a few minutes and put it down, if I acknowledge that I am still frustrated and annoyed and feel like pulling my hair out, I will be looking right into the face of my demons and looking at it will somehow allow it to take over.

I feel that way now, writing this.  Like I have been doing a great job of running and dodging and staying ahead of it.  And now I have stopped to see if it is still there behind me.  You know what happens when characters in movies stop and think their pursuer isn't there anymore, right? 

3 comments:

  1. Still here. Next to you. Just want you to know that. You're not alone.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly believe that the deepest souls feel the darkness the most. At least that is what I tell myself. One helpful thing is to really keep on moving and let these feelings pass over you. Don't stop and melt into them. Do a lot of walking and play fun music. I know that sounds like lame advice but give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thks and u can visit my blog depression-definition.net

    ReplyDelete