Monday, July 13, 2015

An interesting turn of events

So I'm dating someone.

I started talking to him via an online dating sight several months ago.  We chatted for a while, stopped talking and then a few weeks ago he contacted me again.  We met up.  I liked him instantly.  He's tall, muscular and really nice. 

We had a few dates and then the sexting started.  Now, it's been 2 years for me since I've been in anything resembling a relationship so this was exciting for me.  We stayed up late sexting and then I would see him the next day and he would act like a gentleman.  I told him that I wasn't looking to jump into bed right away as sex seems to make me attached and I wanted to know a guy liked me before I put myself out there like that.  He was okay with that.

Last Friday we went out to dinner then back to his place to "watch a movie"  He put the movie in and we watched about the first 5 minutes of it and we started making out. It was thrilling.  He is an amazing kisser.  I forgot how much I like making out when the end result isn't necessarily sex.  We kissed and caressed and did some over the clothes rubbing but I kept my pants on.  I felt like a teenager.  After about 3 hours of that he drove me home.

Saturday night I didn't have my daughter so he came over to my place. I wasn't as well behaved.  We made out for a while.  I wanted him.  I am an adult and I can have sex if I want to so we did.  It was great.  He stayed the night and we made love a couple more times.  I haven't had sex like that since I was about 22.  It was passionate and sensual and satisfying.  I have butterflies even typing this right now.

He came over again last night and we hooked up again.  He had a lot to do yesterday and I was flattered that he made time to come see me.

Here's the thing.  Now that I have had sex with him I am just waiting for him to change his mind about me.  He waited all that time for me to put out and now that I have I am afraid he is going to lose interest.  Part of it is because I really like him.  We talk about things and about ourselves and he makes me feel incredibly sexy.  But the other part of it is my own issues.  I can't believe that anyone would like me.  I'm overweight (he likes curves) and I am socially awkward (he likes staying home). I think that's why I've stayed single for so long.  I don't think anyone would want to be with me long term. 

I am so afraid that this is going to turn into a little fling and he is going to lose interest. And by feeling like that I think I come across as desperate.  I have to summon all my will not to text him all day long.  I was so stand-offish when we first started talking.  I think he likes the chase.  At one point he actually said "you make me work for everything and I love it".  What happens when I try to open up and I show that I actually like him?  Does that ruin his image of me as hard to get? 

Holy shit.  I clearly need to be in therapy.  I can see how insane this all sounds. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure he likes you. Why wouldn't he? You say he makes you feel sexy. Which makes you feel good about yourself. Find something in him that you can compliment and make him feel good about himself.
    He finds you attractive. You have to find yourself attractive too. We're made up of lots of different facets. It's not all good looks and trim bodies.
    If this relationship doesn't go the distance it's because fate has something better for you. The only part of this relationship you have is, you. Be you at your best )))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Spanner. I am working on remembering all those things.

      Delete
  2. It's good experience you have
    Have confident in yourself :)

    ReplyDelete